2017 Yearbook Distribution Information
2017 Yearbook Distribution
will take place in the East Unit Lobby on
Wednesday, August 16 from 1:00-4:00pm
** Please DO NOT ask for your yearbook at another time. If you cannot pick up your yearbook during this time,
you may come to Room 121 during 4th, 6th, or 7th period during regular school days.**
- Please bring a photo ID to pick up your yearbook.
- If you’re unable to make it to the pick-up time, you may send a trusted friend or family member to pick up your yearbook. That person will need to bring his/her OWN ID and will sign for your yearbook.
- WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF EXTRA YEARBOOKS IF YOU FORGOT TO BUY ONE!!!
- The cost is $75 – come during the posted pick-up time with cash or a check/money order made payable to the Kettering Board of Education.
Thanks for your cooperation!
We hope you love this yearbook as much as we do!
CLASS OF 2018 SENIOR PICTURES ARE DUE DECEMBER 1st! Get all the details here!
Don’t miss out
on getting your picture in the 2018 Firebird Yearbook
! Here’s the scoop:
All seniors may be photographed by Prestige Portraits (Lifetouch
),who will forward the studio prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically by our Dec. 1, 2017
deadline. Prestige supplies these yearbook portraits regardless of whether or not you purchase portraits from them. The phone number for the Prestige Portraits Senior Picture Office is 299-3723.
Prestige is offering several discounts and free sitting fee dates for Fairmont students over the summer. Call now to schedule yours and take advantage of the discounted summer rates!
Prestige Portraits will be at Fairmont in the fall to photograph all seniors who have not yet been photographed by Prestige. Prestige supplies the two glossy prints to the Firebird Yearbook Office automatically. The sitting fee for this yearbook headshot is just $10 (cash or check payable to Prestige Portraits; please contact Mrs. Stickel at Jessica.Stickel@KetteringSchools.org for help with this fee if needed). Look for more information here and in senior advisories about on-campus senior pictures. Please plan to “dress for success” and come have your picture taken that day.
If you prefer to have your senior yearbook picture taken at any other studio, you must make sure that two printed studio-quality copies of the same senior photo are delivered to the Firebird Yearbook Office (Room 121) by Dec. 1, 2017. They may be hand-carried or mailed (Firebird Yearbook Office, 3301 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429). With your photos, provide a signed "release of copyright" from the studio/photographer so that we may use them in the yearbook. The yearbook staff welcomes photos from any studio or professional photographer provided that: they meet the requirements outlined below, are submitted by 3:05 on Dec. 1, 2017, and are accompanied by the copyright release. Students should make plans to be photographed well in advance of this deadline so that photographers have time to get STUDIO-QUALITY PRINTS to families to be delivered to the yearbook office.
* You must provide two hard copies of the same photo. Photos must be printed on high-quality professional photo paper. Please do NOT attempt to print photos at home. Many places in town offer low cost photo processing options - often for as low as $1. We CANNOT accept digital files.
* The photo must be in color.
* The photo must be wallet size (approximately 2¼” x 3¼”).
* The photo must be vertical.
* The photo must be taken inside. Choose a basic backdrop at a studio or a solid-colored background. Brick walls, trees, grass, concrete, etc. are not acceptable backdrops for your photo. If your photographer does not offer indoor studio portraits, plan to be photographed at school by Prestige for your yearbook headshot.
* The photo must be a formal head-and-shoulders-only shot. (No "glamour shots" or photos in which you are leaning against a tree, wall, motorcycle, etc.)
* Your hands may not be visible.
* We will not accept selfies.
* Students should “dress to impress” in dressy clothes. Shirts, sweaters, or dresses with modest necklines or collared shirts are suggested.
* Be cautious of strapless tops as the photo may be cropped closer to the neckline than the top.
* Be cautious of all white or all black backgrounds, especially if your clothes are similar in color to the background, as the images in the yearbook may not appear as sharp as they do in a glossy photograph.
* Photos will NOT be accepted late. Take advantage of the in-school option if there's any chance you will miss the Dec. 1 deadline.