A 5-Star Rating is the ODE's top rating for preschool programs. This rating indicates that a program provides the highest quality of services, while also meeting all state regulations for licensing, health and safety for our youngest students.
This accomplishment is the culmination of collaboration on the parts of Kettering's integrated preschool teaching staff, nurses, principals, coordinators, and support staff throughout the district.
* * * * *
Some of the requirements that each of Kettering's preschool programs had to meet included the following:
- Families are involved in how assessment data is used to create individual learning goals/plans for students.
- Yearly classroom and site improvement goals/plans are set based on self-assessments and teachers are tracking progress on action steps and adjusting goals as needed.
- Yearly improvement plans include community partners (such as Preschool Promise, PNC Financial Services and Grow Up Great.)
- Each staff member is observed at least twice yearly.
- Staff must have a minimum of 20 hours of Step Up to Quality approved Professional Development every two years.
- ALL staff are first aid & CPR trained, have child abuse prevention training and management of communicable disease training.
- Teachers are highly qualified in Special Education and Early Childhood Education.
- Kettering's Integrated Preschool Program is continually seeking to improve through annual surveys with families.
* * * * *
For more information on the state's Step Up To Quality program for early childhood education, please visit the SUTQ website at: http://www.earlychildhoodohio.org/sutq.stm.