GED Practice Test Info
The Official GED 2014 practice test (GED Ready) is not given at our site, but instead is availavble online through GED.com. All a student needs is access to a computer with a stable internet connection. The practice test costs $6 per section and students are given detailed results with a study plan for each section they elect to take. This new format is aligned with the new GED 2014 CBT (Computer Based Testing) . Remember to check back frequently because GED.com runs periodic specials to discount the cost of the GED Ready Test.
Ready for the GED 2014? Not sure where to start?
This process is new for all of us, but it seems to be working wonderfully. Here are the steps:
1. Your first step is to create an account at GED.com. Enter your working email address and password, then click SIGN UP. It will walk you through the process.
2. If you have a medical need for special accommodations (extended time, a private test room, scribe, etc.), make sure you click Yes to that question. You will have to provide documnentation with your request and then it will be reviewed for approval. Information on special accommodations is provided on the site as well.
3. Ohio is offering an $80 voucher to all first time test takers of the GED 2014 Computer Based Test(if you took a past version, it does not count against you). Make sure you answer YES to the question about a voucher if you are interested in receiving this discount (Information on who to contact is below). You must obtain your voucher prior to paying for and scheduling your test if you want to receive this discount.
4. For test takers who are 16 or 17, the state adjusted the age requirement on Sept. 29th, 2015. To see the new requirements for students who are 16 or 17, please use this link to the Ohio Department of Education - GED Info Page. The Age Requirements are about halfway down the page.
Test takers who are 18, must submit a copy of the current year withdrawal form signed by the school administrator. Once these documents have been received and approved, your GED.com account will reflect that and you will be able to continue with scheduling your tests.
5. Schedule your test or tests. You can take these one at a time or up to two in a single day. GED.com will show you the test centers closest to your home address and you will be able to select the center that has a time slot that is convenient for you. Testing locations are listed below. GED.com makes it easy to find with turn by turn directions provided from your home.
Don't forget your voucher!
Ohio is providing first time GED 2014 CTB test takers a voucher worth up to $80. To be eligible to receive the voucher, participants must contact a Career-Technical Planning District for career and educational guidance prior to scheduling and paying for the GED 2014 test. Students can contact any CTPD center, but below is the information for two that are in our area. GED.com will also give you this information.
All vouchers that have been issued have an extended expiration date of October, 2016, so make sure you are ready to take all 4 parts before the expiration date on your voucher.
Miami Valley Career Technology Center can provide first time test takers with vouchers for their GED test. This will cover $80 of the $120 test fee. Contact their office at 937-854-6287 for more information.
Warren County Career Center also has vouchers available through their website. You need to complete the form at the bottom of the page to apply for the voucher. Contact their office at 513-932-8145 ext. 5289 if you have difficulty or additional questions.
Testing Locations in Our Area
-Sinclair Community College
(The testing center has moved to the downtown campus, located on the 1st floor of building 10; they offer testing on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.)
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center
(This location is just minutes off of from I-675 in Fairborn, very convenient for students in Greene or eastern Montgomery counties)
- Greene County Career Center
(This location is also just minutes off of I-675 in Xenia, but you can also get there by State Route 35, very convenient for students in Greene or Montgomery counties)
- Miami Valley CTC
(Amazing facility located just off I-70 exit 26 near the airport; great location for students in northern Montgomery County)
- Warren County Career Center
(This location is great for students in Springboro, Centerville, Miamisburg/West Carrollton, and southern Montgomey County. The majority of our students test at this site)
- Fortis College
(Located in Centerville, just off I-675 exit 4)