CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION PACKET
Download the KCS Preschool Program Info Flier here
Kettering City School District Integrated Preschool Program
The Integrated Preschool Program is a Step Up to Quality 5 STAR award-winning program that provides an engaging and developmentally appropriate learning environment for children, ages 3, 4 and 5.
The goal of the Kettering City School District's Integrated Preschool Program is to provide:
A high quality pre-kindergarten program for young children with special needs and for typically developing children.
An opportunity for children with special needs to learn in an environment that includes typically developing peers as mentors.
A multi-year preschool experience to prepare students for kindergarten.
The Creative Curriculum, which is aligned with the Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards.
The Integrated Preschool Program has five locations within the Kettering School District:
- Kettering Early Childhood Education Center (2600 Holman Street, Moraine 45439)
- Greenmont Elementary (1 E. Wren Circle, Kettering 45420)
- Indian Riffle Elementary (3090 Glengarry Drive, Kettering 45420)
- Oakview Elementary (4001 Ackerman Blvd., Kettering 45429)
- Beavertown Elementary (2700 Wilmington Pike, Kettering 45419)
Integrated Preschool Schedule:
The Integrated Preschool Program offers morning and afternoon sessions, Monday through Thursday:
- Morning Session -- 8:30 to 11 a.m.
- Afternon Session -- 12:15 to 2:45 p.m.
- The Integrated Preschool Program follows the Kettering City School District calendar for holidays, breaks and conferences.
- Students with an IEP (Individualized Education Program) participate in the Integrated Preschool Program at no cost to parents/guardians.
- The cost for typically developing Mentor Students is $1,600 per year or $160 per month.
- Payments are due at the beginning of each month.
- Families can apply for a tuition waiver each school year to cover part or all of the tuition cost. Completed ODE Eligibility Screening Tool and income verification must be submitted to be considered for a waiver.
- The Preschool Promise program offers tuition assistance for children who are 4-years-old and have completed the waiver process. The Preschool Promise Eligibility Screening Tool is available at your child’s school office.
- Peer Mentor students must be toilet trained.
- Parents/guardians of Peer Mentor students must submit a $20 non-refundable registration fee when registering students for preschool.
- Parents/guardians must submit a current physical exam, immunization record and completed dental form prior to the child starting preschool.
* * * * *
Pathfinders Preschool Program
Pathfinders Preschool is a Step up to Quality 5 STAR award-winning preschool program that receives partial funding from the Ohio Department of Education, which helps to off-set the tuition cost to parents/guardians. The primary goal of the grant funding is to make preschool education possible for all children, regardless of family income.
- Pathfinders accepts children who are four-years-old, and who will be going to kindergarten in the following school year.
- Pathfinders offers one daily preschool session, lasting five hours per day, in order to prepare children socially, emotionally, and academically for the kindergarten year ahead.
- All Pathfinders classes are held from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Pathfinders Preschool has three locations within the Kettering City School District:
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School (5030 Polen Drive, Kettering 45440)
- Beavertown Elementary School (2700 Wilmington Pike, Kettering, 45419)
- Kettering Early Childhood Education Center (2600 Homan Street, Moraine 45439)
* * * * *
Before- and After-School Care
Before- and After-School Care is available for students in both the Integrated and Pathfinders preschool programs at:
The Kettering Early Childhood Education Center (KECEC)
2600 Holman Street, Moraine, 45439
- The cost is $100.00 per week
- Childcare at KECEC opens at 7 a.m and closes at 5:30 p.m.
- Breakfast, lunch and nap time are part of the child’s day and are included in the weekly cost.
- Before and after-school childcare operates on all days that the Kettering City Schools are in session.
Integrated Preschool FAQs
Click here to access "frequently asked questions" regarding the Integrated Preschool Program in the Kettering City Schools.
Pathfinders Preschool FAQs
Click here to access "frequently asked questions" regarding the Pathfinders Preschool Program
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the Integrated Preschool Program or the Pathfinders Preschool Program, please call Sara Wisecup at (937) 499-1456.