Human Resource Services and Employment
The Kettering City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sub Assignment Specialist
Human Resource Services
The Human Resource Services Department identifies, recruits and oversees the selection of top-quality staff members. We are responsible for posting available positions, maintaining personnel records, facilitating background checks and many other staff-related issues.
Please do not hesitate to call us at (937) 499-1426 if we can be of assistance. The office is open from 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. each day, year-round.
Applying for, or Renewing, a License or Permit
Working for the Kettering City Schools can be your way to a rewarding and satisfying professional future. As one of Ohio's premier school districts, Kettering is always looking for top-quality individuals who can make an outstanding school district even better.
Are you the parent of school-age children who might be interested in part-time work while your kids are in school? Perhaps you are an empty-nester interested in rewarding work where you can make some extra spending money? Or maybe you have always been interested in working with young people in a school setting? If so, then we just might have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Kettering City Schools employ Paraprofessionals for a variety of positions in our district. We have full-time employees working as special education classroom aides in a number of our schools, study hall monitors who work at Fairmont High School and in-school study monitors who work in our middle and high schools.
Our district also employs part-time paraprofessionals as child care aides who monitor students in our before- and after-school child care programs, school aides who supervise students in the lunchroom and on the playground and classroom aides who work in a variety of positions in all of our buildings.
If you are interested in learning more about opportunities for employment as a Substitute Paraprofessional with the Kettering City Schools, please contact Sheryl Chaffin in the Human Resource Services Department at email@example.com.
School Bus Substitute Drivers
The Kettering City School District's Transportation Department is seeking five substitute bus drivers. Substitute bus drivers are used on an as-needed basis, and there are no set hours for these positions. The department prefers drivers who have a Class B CDL with an SP Endorsement. However, the depatrment will provide training for qualified applicants who pass a background check and physical.
For additional information regarding substitute school bus driver positions, please contact Todd Silverthorn, supervisor of Transportation Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Pride Makes the Difference!
• Over 7,200 students currently attend our eight elementary neighborhood schools (K-5), our two middle schools (6-8), and Kettering Fairmont High School (9-12).
• The Kettering City School District completed a $102 million construction/renovation project in 2006. A brand-new Greenmont Elementary School was constructed, and construction and renovations were made on each of the district’s remaining 10 buildings.
• In addition, the district constructed the new Performing Arts Center at Fairmont High School, the James S. Trent Arena, and completely renovated the Chester A. Roush Stadium.
• Kettering offers its students a strong academic program at all levels, and features a full complement of advanced courses including, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement and Honors courses at the secondary level; and services for special needs students that is regarded as a model program by other districts from across the region.
Why Work Here?
• Family oriented work environment
• Outstanding Parental and Community support
• Motivated students
• Extensive Staff development programs
• Comprehensive mentor programs
• Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
• Newly renovated buildings
The Kettering City School District is an equal-opportunity employer, offering equal educational and employment opportunities. -- If you are interested in applying for a Teaching Position ** on-line, you can do so by logging on to: daytonareaschooljobs.esu.K12.oh.us
This service allows prospective employees to access open positions and apply for jobs in the Kettering Schools and in school districts across the Miami Valley. It is also
** For information regarding other available positions in the Kettering City School District, please call the following departments:
Delores Eversole, Administrative Assistant to the
Superintendent and Director of Business Services
Todd Silverthorn, Supervisor
Food & Nutrition Services
Louise Easterly, Supervisor
Maintenance/Bldgs. & Grounds
Phil Hacker, Supervisor
Sue Warner, Administrative Assistant to the
Director of Human Resource Services
Substitute Teaching Opportunities
Sheryl Chaffin, Substitute Assignment Specialist
Joyce Schaeffer, Personnel Records Specialist