Don’t miss out
on getting your picture in the 2018 Firebird Yearbook
! Here’s the scoop:
All seniors may be photographed by Prestige Portraits (Lifetouch
),who will forward the studio prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically by our Dec. 1, 2017
deadline. Prestige supplies these yearbook portraits regardless of whether or not you purchase portraits from them. The phone number for the Prestige Portraits Senior Picture Office is 299-3723.
Prestige is offering several discounts and free sitting fee dates for Fairmont students over the summer. Call now to schedule yours and take advantage of the discounted summer rates!
* You must provide two hard copies of the same photo. Photos must be printed on high-quality professional photo paper. Please do NOT attempt to print photos at home. Many places in town offer low cost photo processing options - often for as low as $1. We CANNOT accept digital files.
* The photo must be in color.
* The photo must be wallet size (approximately 2¼” x 3¼”).
* The photo must be vertical.
* The photo must be taken inside. Choose a basic backdrop at a studio or a solid-colored background. Brick walls, trees, grass, concrete, etc. are not acceptable backdrops for your photo. If your photographer does not offer indoor studio portraits, plan to be photographed at school by Prestige for your yearbook headshot.
* The photo must be a formal head-and-shoulders-only shot. (No "glamour shots" or photos in which you are leaning against a tree, wall, motorcycle, etc.)
* Your hands may not be visible.
* We will not accept selfies.
* Students should “dress to impress” in dressy clothes. Shirts, sweaters, or dresses with modest necklines or collared shirts are suggested.
* Be cautious of strapless tops as the photo may be cropped closer to the neckline than the top.
* Be cautious of all white or all black backgrounds, especially if your clothes are similar in color to the background, as the images in the yearbook may not appear as sharp as they do in a glossy photograph.
* Photos will NOT be accepted late. Take advantage of the in-school option if there's any chance you will miss the Dec. 1 deadline.
The 2017 yearbook is off to Walsworth for printing! Our books are slated to arrive in Kettering in mid August. We will determine distribution dates/times as soon as they get here. Check back here for details! We'll also post information via social media, so follow @TheFirebirdYBK on Twitter and Instagram for the latest information!