Don’t miss out
on getting your picture in the 2017 Firebird Yearbook
! Here’s the scoop:
All seniors must be photographed by Prestige Portraits (Lifetouch
),who will forward the studio prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically by our Dec. 1, 2016
deadline. Prestige supplies these yearbook portraits regardless of whether or not you purchase portraits from them. The phone number for the Prestige Portraits Senior Picture Office is 299-3723.
Prestige is offering several discounts and free sitting fee dates for Fairmont students over the summer. Call now to schedule yours and take advantage of the discounted summer rates! Fairmont seniors will all be photographed by Prestige.
* You must provide two hard copies of the same photo. Photos must be printed on high-quality professional photo paper. Please do NOT attempt to print photos at home. Many places in town offer low cost photo processing options - often for as low as $1. We WILL NOT accept digital files.
* The photo must be in color.
* The photo must be wallet size (approximately 2¼” x 3¼”).
* The photo must be vertical.
* The photo must be taken inside. Choose a basic backdrop at a studio or a solid-colored background.
* The photo must be a formal head-and-shoulders-only shot. (No "glamour shots" or photos in which you are leaning against a tree, wall, motorcycle, etc.) Your hands may not be visible.
* We will not accept selfies.
* Students should “dress to impress” in dressy clothes. Shirts, sweaters, or dresses with modest necklines are suggested for girls and collared shirts are suggested for boys.
* Be cautious of all white or all black backgrounds, especially if your clothes are similar in color to the background, as the images in the yearbook may not appear as sharp as they do in a glossy photograph.
* Photos will NOT be accepted late.
2016 Yearbook Distribution
As in the past, the yearbook staff will be putting the finishing touches on the latest impressive edition of The Firebird into the first weeks of summer. Some of our seniors came in bright and early the morning after graduation to create a stunning commencement spread, and we'll be making final corrections throughout June.
Once the yearbooks are en route from Kansas, we will schedule our distribution date and time. This typically takes place for 2-3 hours on a weekday in the first two weeks of August prior to the start of school. We will post this information here on the yearbook website, on the sign board in front of FHS, and on our social media. Follow us @TheFirebirdYBK on Twitter and Instagram for updates and information.
2016 & 2017 Yearbook Sales
We've secured 75 additional 2016 yearbooks to sell online through the end of June!
Once these books are sold, at www.YearbookForever.com
for $65, we will NOT have any more books to sell. Sometimes Walsworth, our yearbook printer, sends us extra books. If we receive extra books in August, they will be sold for $75 on a first-come, first-served basis at yearbook distribution.
The 2017 Firebird Yearbook will be on sale soon!
Check out www.YearbookForever.com
this summer to scoop up an Early Bird Special price for the next edition of the FHS yearbook which will cover the upcoming 2016-17 school year.