Attention parents of the Class of 2014! Don't miss out on your chance to spotlight your amazing graduate with a Senior Spotlight Ad in the 2014 yearbook. This is your chance to show off those adorable baby pictures of your "baby" before he/she moves out into the adult world.
Click here for the Senior Spotlight Ad order form.
All ads must be submitted (with photos, payment, and message) by December 10, 2013.
ATTENTION Class of 2014!
Don’t miss out
on getting your picture in the 2014 Firebird Yearbook
! Here’s the scoop:
If you have your senior picture taken at Prestige Portraits (Lifetouch
), they will forward two
glossy prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically by our Dec. 1, 2013
deadline. Prestige supplies these prints regardless of whether or not you purchase portraits from them. The phone number for the Prestige Portraits Senior Picture Office is 299-3723.
Prestige is offering several discounts for Fairmont students over the summer. Call now to schedule yours and take advantage of the discounted summer rates!
If you have your senior picture taken at any other studio
, you must make sure that two
copies of the same senior photo are delivered to the Firebird
Yearbook Office (Room 121) by Dec. 1, 2013
. They may be hand-carried or mailed (Firebird
Yearbook Office, 3301 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429). Several local studios (in addition to Prestige) deliver yearbook headshots to the yearbook office as well; please check with your photographer about their policy.
If you prefer, you may have your senior picture taken right here at Fairmont this year!
These photos will be taken by Prestige photographers on Wednesday, October 30 in the Recital Hall
. Prestige supplies the two glossy prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically. The sitting fee for this yearbook headshot is just $10
(cash or check payable to Prestige Portraits). The photographer will be available from 11:45-3:00 on Oct. 30 for any senior to be photographed for the yearbook.
Please plan to “dress for success” and come have your picture taken that afternoon if you’re not having your picture taken elsewhere or will not be able to meet the Dec. 1 deadline with another photographer. Look for more information about this opportunity at school as the date nears.
Specific Photo Requirements:
* The photo must be a formal head-and-shoulders-only shot. (No "glamour shots" or photos in which you are leaning against a tree, wall, motorcycle, etc.) Your hands may not be visible.
* Students should “dress to impress” in dressy clothes. Shirts, sweaters, or dresses with modest necklines are suggested for girls and collared shirts are suggested for boys.
* Be cautious of all white or all black backgrounds, especially if your clothes are similar in color to the background, as the images in the yearbook may not appear as sharp as they do in a glossy photograph.
* You must provide two hard copies of the same photo. We CANNOT accept digital files.
* The photo must be in color.
* The photo must be a standard wallet size (2¼” x 3¼”).
* The photo must be vertical.
* Photos will NOT be accepted late. If you are worried about getting your photo back from the photographer on time to have the copies to the yearbook office by Dec. 1, please be sure to take advantage of the in-school photography!
PLEASE NOTE THAT DEC. 1 IS THE SUNDAY IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING OUR WEEK-LONG THANKSGIVING BREAK. IF YOU PLAN TO DELIVER YOUR SENIOR PHOTOS BY HAND, YOU MUST DO SO BY FRIDAY, NOV. 22 AS THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED OVER THE BREAK!
If you still need to pick up your 2013 Yearbook (or an older yearbook), you may do so at the following times:
* Before school from 7:30-7:45
* During 1st or 2nd Lunch
* During 7th Period
* After school until 3:20
* Please bring a photo ID to pick up your yearbook.
* Yes, a trusted friend or family member may pick up your yearbook for you. Please have the person bring his/her ID to get the book.
* YES – WE HAVE EXTRA YEARBOOKS IF YOU FORGOT TO BUY ONE!!! The cost is $75 – cash or a check/money order made payable to the Kettering Board of Education.
Thanks for your cooperation!
We hope you love the 2013 yearbook as much as we do!