The 2017 Yearbook is on sale NOW!
The 2017 Firebird Yearbook is on sale now!
Check out www.YearbookForever.com
this summer to scoop up an Early Bird Special price ($50 until September 30) for the next edition of the FHS yearbook which will cover the upcoming 2016-17 school year. The price increases to $60 on October 1.
CLASS OF 2017 SENIOR PICTURES ARE DUE DECEMBER 1st! Get all the details here!
Don’t miss out
on getting your picture in the 2017 Firebird Yearbook
! Here’s the scoop:
All seniors must be photographed by Prestige Portraits (Lifetouch
),who will forward the studio prints to the Firebird
Yearbook Office automatically by our Dec. 1, 2016
deadline. Prestige supplies these yearbook portraits regardless of whether or not you purchase portraits from them. The phone number for the Prestige Portraits Senior Picture Office is 299-3723.
Prestige is offering several discounts and free sitting fee dates for Fairmont students over the summer. Call now to schedule yours and take advantage of the discounted summer rates! Fairmont seniors will all be photographed by Prestige.
Prestige Portraits will be at Fairmont on Wednesday, October 26 to photograph all seniors who have not yet been photographed by Prestige. Prestige supplies the two glossy prints to the Firebird Yearbook Office automatically. The sitting fee for this yearbook headshot is just $10 (cash or check payable to Prestige Portraits; please contact Mrs. Stickel at Jessica.Stickel@KetteringSchools.org for help with this fee if needed). The photographer will be in the Recital Hall from 7:45am-3:15pm on Oct. 26 to photograph seniors. Please plan to “dress for success” and come have your picture taken that day. Look for more information about this opportunity in advisory and on the announcements in mid-October.
If you prefer to have your senior yearbook picture taken at any other studio, you must make sure that two printed studio-quality copies of the same senior photo are delivered to the Firebird Yearbook Office (Room 121) by Dec. 1, 2016. They may be hand-carried or mailed (Firebird Yearbook Office, 3301 Shroyer Road, Kettering, OH 45429). With your photos, provide a signed "release of copyright" from the studio/photographer so that we may use them in the yearbook. The yearbook staff welcomes photos from any studio or professional photographer provided that: they meet the requirements outlined below, are submitted by 3:05 on Dec. 1, 2016, and are accompanied by the copyright release. Since all students will also be photographed by Prestige, if photos do not meet these requirements they will not be used.
* You must provide two hard copies of the same photo. Photos must be printed on high-quality professional photo paper. Please do NOT attempt to print photos at home. Many places in town offer low cost photo processing options - often for as low as $1. We WILL NOT accept digital files.
* The photo must be in color.
* The photo must be wallet size (approximately 2¼” x 3¼”).
* The photo must be vertical.
* The photo must be taken inside. Choose a basic backdrop at a studio or a solid-colored background.
* The photo must be a formal head-and-shoulders-only shot. (No "glamour shots" or photos in which you are leaning against a tree, wall, motorcycle, etc.) Your hands may not be visible.
* We will not accept selfies.
* Students should “dress to impress” in dressy clothes. Shirts, sweaters, or dresses with modest necklines are suggested for girls and collared shirts are suggested for boys.
* Be cautious of all white or all black backgrounds, especially if your clothes are similar in color to the background, as the images in the yearbook may not appear as sharp as they do in a glossy photograph.
* Photos will NOT be accepted late.
2016 Yearbook Distribution
Still need to pick up an old yearbook? Here's how...
Come to East Unit Room 121 from 11-3:15 Monday-Friday. If you're making a special trip to FHS to pick up a yearbook, please contact Mrs. Stickel at Jessica.Stickel@KetteringSchools.org in advance so she can be sure someone is here to help you.
Please bring a photo ID to pick up a yearbook.
WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF EXTRA YEARBOOKS IF YOU FORGOT TO BUY ONE!!!
Thanks for your cooperation!
We hope you love this yearbook as much as we do! ☺