- To broadly meet Ohio 9th grade standards to prepare students for the Ohio Graduation Test.
- To engage in real, inquiry-based learning through lab exercises, projects, and team work.
- To prepare students for other science classes and their future.
Class Requirements: Students will be required to keep a (1½” or 2”) 3-ring binder with 2 sections.
Please label the sections:
- Notes (these will be kept all year long!)
- Practice (homework, labs, tests, etc. will be cleared each quarter)
Please bring your binder, a pen or pencil and a great attitude to class with you every single day!
Your binder will be graded at the end of each quarter. There may also be unannounced binder checks, so keep them organized and bring them daily!
- Be in your seat when the bell rings & stay there until the bell rings at the end of period
- Always be respectful of others—no teasing or derogatory language!
- No backpacks or purses on your lab table or lap
- A planner must be used to leave the classroom
- Follow lab safety rules carefully
- NO cell phones or ipods out during class unless I specifically tell you that you are allowed!!! This will only be on special occasions!
Late Assignment Policy: Late assignments may be turned in for a reduced grade. The reduction will depend on the assignment and when it is turned in. I collect late work up until the day of the test for that chapter—so keep track of your missing assignments!
Extra Credit: Additional work for extra credit will be offered periodically throughout the year. Also, students may earn 15 bonus points per quarter for donating one of the classroom supplies that we use frequently in this class, including colored pencils, glue sticks, scissors or tissues. (Only 1 per quarter!)