- To meet the Ohio 9th grade standards, fully preparing students for the Ohio Graduation Test.
- To engage in inquiry-based learning through hands-on lab activities, projects and team work.
- To prepare students for future science classes and careers.
- To instill an interest in science and the desire to be a life-long learner.
You are to have the following materials with you every single day in class-
*Your Binders will be graded at least once each quarter…so keep them organized and keep everything in the unit dividers.
- Be in your seat with your binder out or following directions in the Daily Plan on the board when the bell rings!
- Be respectful of others always!
- Be respectful of me always!...I will be respectful of you always!
- Listen to others when they speak.
- NO talking when I’m talking!
- Stay in your seat until the bell rings, unless otherwise instructed.
- Follow all lab safety rules carefully.
- No derogatory language EVER!
- No cell phones out under any circumstances!
- No iPods…except when I give you special permission!
- You will only be permitted to use the restroom with your planner passes. If you do not have your planner with you, but have an emergency you will be marked tardy.
First Offense- Verbal Warning
Second Offense- 15 minute detention with me (before or after school)
Third Offense- Write up to Unit Principal
*Failure to attend a 15-minute detention with me within 3 days will result in a write-up to your Unit Principal.
Absences: You are responsible for getting and turning in all work that you miss while absent. The time you have to do this depends on how long you were out and the circumstances. Get it in ASAP to ensure that you do not lose points!
Tardies: As stated in the FHS Student Planner, you are allowed 3 tardies to class. After 3 tardies, you will be given a teacher detention. After 4 tardies, you will be given another teacher detention. After 5 tardies, you will be written up and sent to your principal. You will continue to be written up every tardy thereafter!
Tests and Quizzes: There will be periodic quizzes; both announced and unannounced, over the material we have recently covered. Tests will be announced several days in advance and you will receive a study guide. If you are absent the day of the test, you will take the test the day you return.
Your Grade: Your grade will be determined by the percentage of points earned out of the points possible on tests, quizzes, homework/class work, and labs. Your final grade will be determined based on the following:
Labs and Lab Reports: 30%
Late Assignment Policy: Late assignments may be turned in for a reduced grade. The reduction will depend on the assignment and how late it is. All assignments for a given unit MUST be turned in before the test over that unit is given!
Ohio Graduation Test: As a sophomore you will take the Ohio Graduation Test and must pass in order to graduate from high school. Integrated Science includes about 50% of all the information you will need to know to pass the science portion of this test. Next year you will be taking Biology, which comprises the other 50% of the science test. It is important that you truly understand the information that we cover in this class. So please be sure to ask questions as needed!