Fairmont Health Education
View Events/Assignments for
The foundations of my Health Education courses are included in the following essential understandings:
- The connection between mind and body is crucial to personal growth and development.
- Participation in a wide variety of discussions and activities provides the opportunity for enjoyment, self-expression, and social interaction.
- Knowledge, competency and application of concepts encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
- Self-assessment, self-reflection, and sense of responsibility towards others contribute to individual growth and positive climate of the class.
- Provide meaningful and enjoyable experience with updated and accurate wellness information.
- Provide a safe learning environment for all students that foster respect, accountability, responsibility, and leadership opportunities.
- Utilize a wide variety of teaching and assessment methods that address different learning styles and meet the needs of a diverse community.
- Provide a variety of individual, group, and dual activities to encourage responsible decision making, personal behavior, self-expression, and a lifelong habit of moving.