KETTERING FAIRMONT HIGH SCHOOL
MARKETING TECHNOLOGY I
INSTRUCTOR: Mrs. Holweger
Welcome to the 2012-13 academic year and the Kettering Fairmont Marketing Technology Tech Prep Program. I promise this will be an exciting year and an unforgettable educational experience for you. The following is an explanation of the class curriculum, grading policy and classroom procedures.
District DECA Fees: $3
Ohio DECA Fees: $6
National DECA Fees: $8
CTC Program Tee: $5
TOTAL FEES: $22.00
Marketing Essentials, 2009, Farese, Kimbrell and Woloszyk
Selling, Building Partnerships, 2007, Weitz, Castleberry and Tanner
*Intro to Marketing
*Basic Marketing Math Skills
*Visual Merchandising and Display
*Preparing Print Ads
Classroom Grade (1 credit): One grade will be given for the classroom study and DECA. The classroom grade will be based on the following:
Work shifts in “Off the Shelf” Bookstore as scheduled
Sinclair Community College Credit (3 semester hours): MKTG 225, Intro to Sales. Students will have the opportunity to take an online proficiency test and earn college credit. Students must get a 70% or above to earn college credit and will only have one opportunity to take this.
Sinclair Community College Credit (4 semester hours): MAT 101, College Algebra. Students will have an opportunity to take this test their junior or senior year. They may only take this test one time.
The school grading policy is the following:
The following procedures will be used to create a positive classroom environment:
1. Respect your teacher, substitute and classmates at all times.
2. Do not gossip in class.
3. Be in your seat by the tardy bell.
4. Be prepared with notebook, text, supplies, every day.
5. Use your classroom passes wisely, must use KFHS student planner.
6. Late assignments will not be accepted.
7. All assignments will be graded and you will receive credit.
8. The number of days you are absent in a row determines the number of days you have to make up an assignment. For example, if you are out 3 days, when you return you have 3 days to make up assignments and tests. Tests, quizzes and assignments will be accepted for a verified excused absence. It is the students responsibility to find out what he/she missed and to get the needed materials.
9. Put away all supplies in the proper locations.
10. No food or drink in the classrooms.
11. Use “turn-in” boxes and “pick-up” boxes daily.
12. INTERNET USE PROHIBITED DURING INSTRUCTIONAL TIME. NO GAMES PERMITTED AT ANY TIME.
Warning (verbal or written)
Phone call to parents
Detention and phone call to parents
Refer to Assistant Principal
Binder or Folder