Kettering Fairmont High School
WITH WORK EXPERIENCE
I, ________________________, agree that
- Students are expected to maintain good attendance records.
- I may not work on any day that I am absent from school without the explicit permission of my teacher-coordinator.
- I may not miss school in order to attend a work related meeting unless I have the permission of my teacher-coordinator in advance.
- Unless I am involved in some school-approved activity, I must be off school grounds immediately after my last class.
- I will be employed by the first day of school. If I am unemployed at that time, the teacher-coordinator reserves the right to remove me from the program and place another student on the waiting list in the program.
- I am responsible for finding my way to and from work in a way approved by my parents. The school and employer are not responsible for my transportation.
- I, like all other Marketing Technology students, must join local, state and national DECA and participate in and support club activities. I will pay $22 for DECA Chapter dues. I may sell Entertainment/coupon books to waive these dues.
- I will be willing to keep a record of my gross and net earnings and my accumulated work hours for my Marketing Technology class file. I must work at least 8-10 hours per week and have at least 300 hours before the academic year closes to get credit for the work experience. My gross and net earning information will be kept confidential by the teacher-coordinator.
- I must be employed for the entire school year in order to receive credit for Marketing Technology. I may quit a job only for very good reasons and only with the prior approval of my coordinator and training station sponsor (with a minimum of two weeks notice). I will receive a failing grade for the grading period if I quit my job without proper permission. I will not have more than two job changes (three jobs). After quitting/losing a job I must be hired within two weeks or I may be removed from Marketing Technology. The coordinator has the right to require my attendance in afternoon study hall with loss of job.
- If I lose my job during the school year because of inefficiency, lack of interest, not following store rules and regulations, or insubordination (or because I have quit without coordinator approval), I will fail Marketing Technology Work Experience for the grading period. If I am fired, the teacher coordinator reserves the right to remove me from the program entirely.
- Any case of dishonesty on my job, which causes me to be discharged from that job, may be cause for my dismissal from Marketing Technology and loss of all credit. Such an offense is serious and becomes part of my permanent record.
- Any fact of willful disobedience or insubordination will NOT be tolerated and is grounds for removal from Marketing Technology/DECA. The instructor has the right to deny participation in DECA functions for inappropriate behavior. The instructor hast he right to deny participation in DECA functions for poor attendance or poor performance in other classes.
Kettering Fairmont High School
Student Signature Date
Parent/Guardian Signature Date
Teacher-Coordinator Signature Date