Welcome to my class! I look forward to learning with each and every one of you and hope to have a lot of fun this year. I know that this is going to be a great school year and hope that you will all leave my classroom loving history as much as I do!!! :)
1. Be in assigned seat when bell rings.
2. Come prepared to class each and every day. This means having a pen/pencil, a notebook, and your textbook, which should be covered. It also means being ready to learn and participate in class discussion as soon as class begins.
3. Treat each other with the same respect you wish to be treated with. There is zero tolerance for disrespectful behavior in my classroom.
4. I expect each and every one of you to succeed in my class and give me your best effort. If you give me 100%, I will give you 110%.
The following behaviors will NOT be tolerated in my classroom:
1. Disrespecting the teacher or your peers. This includes talking while another person is talking, using inappropriate language, doing work for other classes, having your cell phone out and sleeping.
2. Defacing school property including writing on desks, writing in your textbook, and rearranging classroom furniture without permission.
3. The abuse of restroom privileges. To avoid this, every student will be expected to use the passes in their planner. You can use these whenever you want, but once they are gone you are no longer allowed to leave the classroom. If you do not have your planner, you do not have your passes...
All rules outlined by Kettering Fairmont High School are to be followed and all situations handled as outlined in the Fairmont Student Code of Conduct. Detention will be assigned for violation of any rules outlined by the teacher and/or the school.
Detentions in this class are Service Detentions. This means that, if you are issued a detention, you will be spending that detention helping to keep our classroom clean. Your duties will range from scraping gum off of desks, to cleaning windows, to wiping off the chalkboard.