Safety & Wellness
Student and Staff Safety and Wellness are
Top Priorities in the Kettering City Schools
The Kettering City Schools and the Kettering Police Department work actively together to ensure our schools remain a safe place for our staff members to work and students to learn and grow.
REPORT SAFETY CONCERNS
Through the district's notification system, The Education Connection (TEC), anyone can access a Safety Tip Line...when you witness verbal, written, physical, or social media safety concerns, PLEASE SPEAK UP!
You can report anonymously any safety issue by calling TEC at (937) 643-4444, choosing Option 7 and selecting the respective school.
You can also do the same by going online to kettering.tipline.info. The prompts will ask for the date, time, location, and names of those involved. The information will be forwarded to the proper authority. All reports can be made anonymously and are taken seriously and will be investigated thoroughly by school administration and the Kettering Police Department, if warranted.
Please take a moment now to write down, file, or store the Tip Line Contact Information so that it is handy when a safety concern arises.
KETTERING SCHOOL NURSES
School Nurses help students be healthy, safe and ready to learn
- Ascension School -- Dustin Abner, RN
- Beavertown Elementary -- Sarah Schadek, RN
- Greenmont Elementary -- Mandi Jeter, RN
- Indian Riffle Elementary -- Anna Gunderson, RN
- John F. Kennedy Elementary -- Brandy Ravert, RN
- Oakview Elementary -- Jen Shook, RN
- Orchard Park Elementary -- Julia Kruzel, RN and Rhonda Wootten, RN
- Prass Elementary and District Coordinator -- Betina Irwin, RN
- Southdale Elementary -- Lisa Connelly, RN
- St. Albert School -- Shirley Morris, RN
- St. Charles School -- Stacy Ullmer, RN
- Kettering Middle School -- Ramona Donavan, RN
- Van Buren Middle School -- MaryBeth Hughes, RN
- Fairmont High School -- Alicia Thompson, RN and Michelle Thompson, RN
- District Float Nurse -- Emily Murphy-Browning, RN
KCS MULTI-TIERED SYSTEMS OF SUPPORT
Carrie Hennessy, Ed.D.,
District MTSS Coordinator
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a framework that helps educators provide academic and behavioral strategies for students with various needs. MTSS grew out of the integration of two other intervention-based frameworks: Response to Intervention (RtI) and PBIS.
School Resource Officers
Officer Kayla Gudgell
SRO -- KCS Elementary Schools
Officer Ed Simoni
SRO -- Kettering Middle School
KPD Fishing Club
Officer Kent Tischler
SRO -- Van Buren Middle School